Type: Full time
** This is a safety-sensitive position. **
The Welder will fabricate and assemble metal structures and equipment through the use of welders, cutters, shapers and measuring tools. Will be responsible for metal products according to employer specifications. Will use multiple welding machines to repair and maintain metal equipment, rail cars, and structures of various sizes.
In order to perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Education and/ or Experience: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), five to eight years related experience, and/or training, or equivalent combination or education and experience required. Minimum 5 years experience in fabrication; tools, required. Knowledge of industrial safety (OSHA and EPA regulations.) Previous recycling or metals experience a plus.
- Language and Communication Skills: Ability to read, write and interpret in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Valid Driver’s License required.
- Physical Demands: “Heavy”: Exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally, or up to 50lbs of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Standing or walking required often. Stooping and bending required occasionally. Must be able to see, listen and respond to dangerous situations.
- Work Environment: Usually working outdoors with occasional work indoors or working in various weather conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts repairs and preventive welding maintenance service; maintains production and quality by ensuring reliable operation of machinery and mechanical equipment; provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment during production, and performs scheduled welding repairs of production equipment and plant facility.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Complies OSHA safety/ health rules.
- Equipment to include: Auto 80/104 Metso Texas Shredder including Non-Ferrous Shredder Downstream, Baler, Multiple Material Handlers, Cranes, Shears, and Forklifts. Fleet equipment to include: Trucks, Roll-offs, Trailers, and multiple containers.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance checks.
- Assist in the regular cleanup of the maintenance area.
- Assist team in changing hammers or any issues with the shredder.
- Wear proper safety equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designated manager.