Warehouse Metals Processor
Warehouse Metals Processor
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Type: Full time
Starting Rate: $16/hour, Over Time Available, Monday-Friday, 7:30AM-4:00PM; Annual Bonuses
** This is a safety-sensitive position. **
With over 100 employees/owners throughout it’s three locations, ConservIt is 100% employee owned. We offer competitive wages and great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance; short term and long term disability benefits; company paid life insurance; vacation and sick pay, company uniforms, laundry service, company provided PPE, bonus opportunities, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (retirement plan), safety work boot reimbursement and more.
Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming metals and materials, greeting customers, weighing goods and organizing and sorting received materials. Operate baler, shear and forklift occasionally.
In order to perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Education and/ or Experience: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or one to three months related experience, and/or training, or equivalent combination or education and experience required. Previous recycling or metals experience a plus.
- Language and Communication Skills: Ability to read, write and interpret in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Valid Driver’s License required.
- Physical Demands: “Very Heavy”: Exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally, or up to 50lbs of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Requires six or more hours of intermittent standing or walking in an eight hour day. Sitting may be required intermittently and occasionally. Stooping and bending required occasionally. Must be able to see, listen and respond to dangerous situations.
- Work Environment: Usually working outdoors with occasional work indoors or working in various weather conditions. Valid Driver’s License required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist customers in unloading and weighing delivered materials and metal.
- Sort, lift and place materials, metals or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards.
- Occasionally operate forklift or skid loader to move materials or metals
- Receive and stack used batteries and clean aluminum wheels
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, sorting area and work stations neat; sweep and shovel. Organize warehouse and work area for safety and orderliness at all times.
- Wear proper safety equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designated manager.