Scrap Processing Supervisor
Scrap Processing Supervisor
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Type: Full time
ConservIt, Inc., the Tri-State’s leader in ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metal recycling is seeking a Full Time Supervisor at it’s Martinsburg, WV location. Day shift. Monday – Saturday. Minimum Starting Pay: $47,000/ yearly. Training will take place at our Hagerstown location with paid mileage.
With over 100 employees/owners throughout it’s three locations, ConservIt is 100% employee owned. We offer competitive wages and great benefits including medical insurance, vacation and sick pay, uniforms, laundry service, bonus opportunities, Employee Stock Ownership Plan and more.
Successful candidates will be responsible for receiving and sorting products, materials and metals as well as maintaining and developing customer relations. General clean up and yard/pad maintenance including but not limited to sweeping, shoveling, and cleaning are also required. Previous recycling or metals experience a plus. High school diploma or GED required.
Working conditions are outdoors in various weather conditions, working frequently in close proximity to moving heavy equipment, machinery and traffic. Physical demands include standing, walking, pushing, pulling, stooping and bending frequently. Additionally, exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally and up to 40lbs of force frequently.
**Safety Sensitive Position**
Manage an array of supervisory functions that will include overseeing the receiving and processing of incoming metals and materials for recycling, greeting customers, developing and maintaining customer relations, weighing goods and organizing and sorting received materials.
In order to perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Education and/ or Experience: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or one to three years related experience, and/or training, or equivalent combination or education and experience required. Previous recycling or metals experience a plus.
- Language and Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, hear and interpret in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Valid Driver’s License required.
- Physical Demands: “Very Heavy”: Exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally, or up to 40lbs of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Requires six or more hours of intermittent standing or walking in an eight hour day. Sitting may be required intermittently and occasionally. Stooping and bending required occasionally. Must be able to see, listen and respond to dangerous situations.
- Work Environment: Usually working outdoors with occasional work indoors or working in various weather conditions. Valid Driver’s License required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist customers in unloading and weighing delivered materials and metal.
- Manages customer relations.
- Assists facility manager with all activities including planning, maintenance, training and operation associated with the safe and efficient functioning of the scrap department.
- Maintains quality of scrap being shipped. Review material to determine quality issues.
- Assists in supervising scrap employees including participating in corrective actions, training and performance reviews as appropriate.
- Ensures coverage of the schedule.
- Ensures with Supervisory team that outbound loads are checked for accurate weight and quality, and are properly packaged and loaded; assures completion of baler reports (baled, boxed, skidded).
- Along with Supervisory team, prepares production and any other reports for management.
- Maintains a safe working environment; observes employees for safe working practices.
- Ability to grade NF & Ferrous scrap; make independent decisions.
- Monitor inventories daily to ensure that physical inventory matches; ensure the department has adequate inventory for customer specifications & shipment purposes
- Assists team in sorting, lifting and placing materials, metals or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards.
- Operate forklift or skid loader to move materials or metals when necessary. Knowledge of heavy equipment operations and safety (loader, material handler, etc.) a must.
- Receive and stack used batteries and clean aluminum wheels when necessary.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, sorting area and work stations neat; sweep and shovel. Organize work area for safety and orderliness at all times.
- Organizes and holds daily safety meetings
- Wear proper safety equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designated manager.