Pressure Washer/ Greaser
Pressure Washer/ Greaser
Type: Full time
**This is a Safety-Sensitive position.**
The Pressure Washer/ Equipment Greaser is responsible for cleaning, preventive and reactive equipment greasing to ensure all site equipment and areas are operating and safe, to meet production objectives.
In order to perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Education and/ or Experience: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), one year related experience, and/or training, or equivalent combination or education and experience required. Minimum 1-2 years experience in greasing; tools, maintenance of heavy equipment, required. Knowledge of industrial safety (OSHA and EPA regulations.) preferred. Previous recycling or metals experience a plus.
- Language and Communication Skills: Ability to read, write and interpret in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Valid Driver’s License required.
- Physical Demands: “Heavy”: Exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally, or up to 50lbs of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Standing or walking required often. Stooping and bending required occasionally. Must be able to see, listen and respond to dangerous situations.
- Work Environment: Usually working outdoors with occasional work indoors or working in various weather conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts preventive greasing service; maintains production and quality by ensuring reliable operation of machinery and mechanical equipment for staff.
- Cleans and uses pressure washer to clean equipment and work areas.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Complies with OSHA safety and health rules.
- Equipment to include: Baler, Multiple Material Handlers, Cranes, Shears, and Forklifts. Fleet equipment to include: Trucks, Roll-offs, Trailers, and multiple containers.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform daily preventive greasing-maintenance checks.
- Assist in the regular cleanup of the maintenance area.
- Assist team in various duties within the shop.
- Wear proper safety equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designated manager.