Type: Full time
** This is a safety-sensitive position. **
The Picker is responsible for discarding or removing products and materials to ensure adherence to established specifications, while ensuring that all of his/her efforts are compliant with the company Health, Safety, and Environmental standards.
In order to perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Education and/ or Experience: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or one to three months related experience, and/or training, or equivalent combination or education and experience required. Previous recycling or metals experience a plus.
- Language and Communication Skills: Ability to read, write and interpret in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Physical Demands: “Heavy”: Exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally, or up to 50lbs of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Requires six or more hours of intermittent standing or walking in an eight hour day. Sitting may be required intermittently and occasionally. Stooping and bending required frequently. Must be able to see, listen and respond to dangerous situations.
- Work Environment: Usually working outdoors with occasional work indoors or working in various weather conditions. Working frequently in close proximity to moving heavy equipment and traffic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate forklift or skid loader to move materials or metals as needed
- General clean up and yard maintenance including but not limited to digging, sweeping, maintenance of weeds and brush, and cleaning pad area.
- Removal of non-metallic material, metal, and debris at the shredder and non-ferrous picking belts.
- Greasing and general cleanup at the shear and/or shredder.
- Assist with repairs and maintenance as required.
- Provide backup or assistance throughout the yard as needed or assigned.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment/job site.
- Assist with maintenance department and support teammates when needed.
- Wear proper safety equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designated manager.