Mechanics, Diesel Mechanics
Mechanics, Diesel Mechanics
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Type: Full time
Day Shift: Monday- Friday, Great Pay: More Experience = More Pay, Bonuses, and Benefits. Entry level and Experienced Mechanics Needed.
** This is a safety-sensitive position. **
With over 100 employees/owners throughout it’s three locations, ConservIt is 100% employee owned. We offer competitive wages and great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance; short term and long term disability benefits; company paid life insurance; vacation and sick pay, company paid uniforms, paid laundry service, company provided PPE, bonus opportunities, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (retirement plan), safety work boot reimbursement and more.
The Mechanic is responsible for preventive and reactive maintenance to ensure all site equipment is operating and safe, to meet production objectives. Responsibilities include maintenance of automated machinery (automobile/scrap shredder), including light equipment, heavy duty/construction equipment, conveyor systems as well as general facility maintenance. (Diesel Equipment to include: Wheel loaders, Excavators, Forklifts. Fleet equipment to include: Trucks, Roll-offs, Trailers, and multiple containers.)
In order to perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Education and/ or Experience: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), five to eight years related experience, and/or training, or equivalent combination or education and experience required. Minimum 2-3 years experience in fabrication; tools, maintenance of heavy equipment, required. Knowledge of industrial safety (OSHA and EPA regulations.) Previous recycling or metals experience a plus.
- Language and Communication Skills: Ability to read, write and interpret in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Valid Driver’s License required.
- Physical Demands: “Heavy”: Exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally, or up to 50lbs of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Standing or walking required often. Stooping and bending required occasionally. Must be able to see, listen and respond to dangerous situations.
- Work Environment: Usually working outdoors with occasional work indoors or working in various weather conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts repairs and preventive maintenance service; maintains production and quality by ensuring reliable operation of machinery and mechanical equipment; provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment during production, and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment and plant facility.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Complies with OSHA safety and health rules.
- Equipment to include: Automobile/ Scrap Shredder including Non-Ferrous Shredder Downstream, Baler, Multiple Material Handlers, Cranes, Shears, and Forklifts. Fleet equipment to include: Trucks, Roll-offs, Trailers, and multiple containers.
- Prepares and performs mechanic duties including, but not limited to, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic troubleshooting, and repair of production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance checks.
- Assist in the regular cleanup of the maintenance area.
- Assist team in changing hammers or any issues with the shredder.
- Wear proper safety equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designated manager.