Type: Full time
** This is a safety-sensitive position.
The Groundskeeper maintains the cleanliness of the plant areas and company property with varying seasonal responsibilities throughout the year.
In order to perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Education and/ or Experience: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), one year related experience, and/or training, or equivalent combination or education and experience required. Minimum 1-2 years experience in tools, maintenance and upkeep of property, and general clean up of manufacturing areas preferred. Knowledge of industrial safety (OSHA and EPA regulations.) preferred. Previous recycling or metals experience a plus.
- Language and Communication Skills: Ability to read, write and interpret in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Valid Driver’s License required.
- Physical Demands: “Heavy”: Exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally, or up to 50lbs of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Standing or walking required often. Stooping and bending required occasionally. Must be able to see, listen and respond to dangerous situations.
- Work Environment: Usually working outdoors with occasional work indoors or working in various weather conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily clean up duties around scrap metal recycling plant to include shoveling and sweeping heavy material and debris.
- During inclement weather, snow and ice removal duties and seasonal landscaping duties to include weeding, mowing, trash pick-up, etc.
- Street sweeping
- Painting of poles, buildings, railings, etc. in plant and around property.
- Cleans and uses pressure washer to clean buildings, plant areas, sidewalks and work areas as needed.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Complies with OSHA safety and health rules.
- Assist in the regular cleanup of the maintenance area.
- Assist team in various duties within the shop.
- Wear proper safety equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designated manager.