Certified Auto Mechanic
Certified Auto Mechanic
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Type: Full time
Full Time Day Shift: Monday – Saturday, Overtime Available: Great Benefits! Bonuses! Uniforms! Hourly Pay!
Location: Eagle Auto Division in Martinsburg, WV
**This is a safety-sensitive position.**
The role of the mechanic is to inspect, diagnose, repair, and install mechanical services including brakes, driveline suspension systems, oil changes, engines, transmissions, mount and balance tires, and more.
In order to perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Education and/ or Experience: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or two to three years related experience, and/or training, or equivalent combination or education and experience required. ASE Certifications required.
- Language and Communication Skills: Ability to read, write and interpret in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Valid Driver’s License required.
- Physical Demands: “Very Heavy”: Exerting up to 100 lbs of force occasionally, or up to 50 lbs of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Requires six or more hours of intermittent standing or walking in an eight hour day. Sitting may be required intermittently and occasionally. Stooping and bending required occasionally. Must be able to see, listen and respond to dangerous situations.
- Work Environment: Usually working semi- outdoors with occasional work completely indoors or working in various weather conditions. Valid Driver’s License required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform basic care maintenance such as oil changes, tire rotations, etc.
- Inspect, maintain, and repair auto and light trucks.
- Diagnose complex problems, plan and execute vehicle repairs for customers.
- Perform engine and transmission replacements.
- Understand and utilize diagnostic scanners
- Test drive customer vehicles when necessary
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, sorting area and work stations neat; sweep and shovel. Organize work area for safety and orderliness at all times.
- Wear proper safety equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designated manager.