CDL Class A Driver
CDL Class A Driver
Type: Full time
The Driver will haul scrap metal material to and from ConservIt business locations and customer sites.
In order to perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Education and/ or Experience: Class A CDL and current DOT medical card required. Minimum five years driving experience. Clean driving record required.
- Language and Communication Skills: Ability to read, write and interpret in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals and blue prints. Excellent customer service skills required.
- Physical Demands: “Heavy”: Exerting up to 50lbs of force occasionally, or up to 25lbs of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly. Requires two or more hours of intermittent standing or walking in an eight-hour day. Sitting may be required regularly. Stooping, bending, reaching, throwing and climbing required frequently. Must be able to see, listen and respond to dangerous situations.
- Work Environment: Drive tractor/trailer in all conditions in accordance with federal regulations, normally in periods of driving within hours of service limitations, followed by an off-duty period as required by regulatory requirements. Working frequently in close proximity to moving heavy equipment and traffic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives a commercial vehicle safely while picking up and delivering scrap recycling material including dump trailers, car trailers, roll-off trucks 25 & 40’ containers, flatbed trailers, drop deck trailers, and lowboy trailers.
- Required to help unload or load freight at a customer or company site.
- Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying of material.
- Securing of freight may be required through tarping and strapping or other methods.
- Inspect the vehicle for defects and safe operating conditions as required by law and company policy. Report any equipment issues to supervisor.
- Fuel truck and change trailer tires if necessary.
- Comply with scheduled dispatch including early starts if necessary.
- Comply with all Federal requirements regarding the transportation of scrap material.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations, including driver’s logs and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or designated manager.